Self-motivated team player who utilizes knowledge, skills, and experience that has been acquired over 15 years as a Web Developer to solve problems through exploring different possibilities and determining the best course of action. Also has diverse knowledge and experience designing and developing websites and content management systems for end users.
Freelance 2005-04-01 — current
In my spare time I do freelance work to keep my skills up to date and to explore new technologies that come out.
I have focused on using the WordPress as a content management system to create websites for local businesses. This allows me to create a site that is not only flexible and adaptable for whatever the clients' business is, but also usable enough where I can allow the client to update the site content without them having to contact me every time they need something updated.
- Nurse Manager - An AngularJS application written to help a pharmacy manage their customers and interaction between customers and staff at hospitals and deliverability of medication. The backend API is written using the Laravel PHP framework. The AngularJS frontend authenticates against the backend, and then calls API endpoints as needed to allow the user to interact with the system.
- WordPress Plugins - I have written a handful of small WordPress plugins for clients that solve problems that I have not been able to find existing WordPress plugins that I was satisfied with. Some of the plugins are available at my GitHub profile.
- AriellesGallery.com - A Jewelry/Art Retail Store desired an online presence. I developed a WordPress site coupled with WooCommerce to allow them to showcase their products.
- FMDisplayConcepts.com - FMDisplayConcepts is a company that sells display cases and offers services for custom builds for the food service industry. WordPress was again paired with WooCommerce, even though the site is not specifically selling the display cases on the site, WooCommerce offered an easy to grasp setup of 'Products' and 'Categories' that the client could work with efficiently.
- Epstein.org - A WordPress site to feature a book for the author. Advanced Custom Fields coupled with some custom theme work was required to facilitate the authors requirements for the portfolio page. Documentation was created for the author to be able to update the site after I completed the project.
- SarahBirnbaum.org - A WordPress site to feature the work of a freelance journalist. She provided an initial overview of what she wanted for the site, and I created a custom plugin to filter the content on the homepage that she adds. Documentation was written to help her add content to the site after I completed the project.
eScholar 2012-09-01 — 2017-01-03
Helped take eScholar's myTrack product from prototype to full production.
- Built prototype mockups
- Created foundation for myTrack using ExtJS framework.
- Created custom theme for myTrack using SASS.
- Created custom components using ExtJS framework.
- Implemented unit and application tests using Jasmine.
- Gave presentation on Bootstrap. Wrote a custom app with a coworker to poll the audience and show results in real-time. Used AngularJS, Express, Node, and Firebase to create application.
Rodman Publishing 2005-04-01 — 2012-09-01
- Created custom-built CMS that allowed editors to add content to the websites. All 12 websites utilized a central administration site for managing content.
- Along with another developer, rebuilt CMS using OOP/MVC PHP methodologies.
- Implemented OpenX ad server that served over 650k ad impressions per month.
- Created an email newsletter builder, which created HTML and text-based emails. Emails were sent to over 150k subscribers every week.
Christian Healthcare Center 2004-01-01 — 2005-04-01
- Created the company's intranet.
- Created a job tracking system that in 2004, logged over 600 work orders.
iWebSight.com Solutions 2003-04-01 — 2003-11-01
- Created interactive CD-ROMs that were designed using Flash, HTML, and Quicktime Video.
GoAmerica Communications Inc 2001-01-01 — 2003-03-01
- Developed corporate website for customer information. Developed the e-commerce section of the site which was run via several custom CGI scripts written in PERL with a mySQL backend.
- Created demonstrations that showcased the company's technology for clients and/or trade shows within an aggressive timeline.
- Created documentation for company's proprietary web browser. Created PDF's for help documentation that was published on the public website.
Northern NJ WordPress Meetup 2012-01-01 — 2012-06-01
For 6 months, I took over as the organizer of the Northern NJ WordPress Meetup. It was a defunct organization on meetup.com which wasn't having any meetings. I took over and was able to have monthly meetings over a six month timeframe. I had to step down as the organizer due to my job changing and having a longer commute.
- Presented on how to set up WordPress using Bitnami.
- Got a few local WordPress developers to come and give presentations on what they had built and the methods they used to build the sites.
- Held Q&A/help sessions in the second half of each meeting where people would ask questions about themes, plugins, anything, and we'd offer our opinions/solutions on how to solve them.
NJIT 1996-09-01 — 2000-06-01
Front End Development
- CSS, SASS, Less
Back End Development
Misc Development Tools
- Atom or Sublime Text Editor
- Git (Github, Bitbucket)
- Composer, npm, Gulp
- PHP frameworks such as WordPress, Laravel
- Video Games