A client was having an issue with images sometimes not showing up on their site. I initially thought it was because of lazy loading, and the fact that they're using Divi. Sometimes Divi has the content jump around on the screen when the page loads, and I thought that the lazy loading wasn't firing correctly. I found a simple plugin to disable lazy loading and that seemed to fix it.
Fast forward 2 weeks and the client is saying it's happening again. So I look at the code and there's this new
decoding="async" parameter in the
img tag. I'm thinking "what is that, that seems new". And it is, and it seems to be similar to lazy loading, so I want to try to remove it and see how that works.
I wrote up a small one line plugin to do that. Hopefully this solves their problem.